Other | New York, NY, United States
ABOUT KBS+ ATTENTION
Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal (kbs+) is quickly growing its center of excellent for content & social marketing called Attention. Attention is a nimble discipline within a global agency of 500+ people across five worldwide offices.
At Attention, we we believe our role as marketers is to unlock the full potential of mobile, digital, and social platforms to drive meaningful outcomes across the customer journey for our clients’ businesses. We do this for an impressive array of clients such as BMW, American Express, Goldman Sachs, Moët Hennessy, and Dunkin’ Donuts.
The role of brands and marketing in the world of mobile, social, and digital is up for us to define, and we’re looking for whip-smart strategists to operate at the core of this reinvention. We are seeking curious, motivated minds to work closely with us to define the vision, test things, break things, and create work that we’re proud of. At the foundation, it’s about using data and real behavioral insights to inspire brilliant creative that drives drive tangible business outcomes.
Brilliant work is created from deep insights into the way consumers think, feel, and act. Your job as the Associate Director of Strategy is to identify the truths and tension points in consumers lives and use them to inspire a creative team to make something brilliant. The role touches on brand planning, content marketing, and channel strategy.
Working closely with the Chief Strategy Officer and a growing team of strategists and analysts, you will play a key role in helping drive client strategy for both current and new clients. While our strategies often lead to creative that lives in the digital realm, our thinking should begin at the business and brand level.
Clients often call upon us to solve business challenges bigger than any one medium, so you should be a passionate, innovative big picture thinker who see through a strategic and creative lens to come up with exciting forward-thinking ideas that strongly align with clients’ business strategy. You enjoy working in a fun, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and thrive being around creativity and excitement.
- Lead client and internal teams through the strategy planning process from research and insight development, to strategic framework and creative briefs, to nurturing the creative output of the agency in partnership with the creative team
- Provide continuous cultural, digital and trend forecasting to inform client recommendations and to educate and motivate internal teams
- Collaborate closely with analysts to develop research methodologies from social listening and surveys to focus groups and audience interviews to develop deep audience insights.
- Contributing to agency thought leadership and representing the agency’s POV to clients and the industry at large
- Grow, manage, and mentor a team of strategists
- Keep fingers on the pulse of marketing trends and their application to clients
- Translate business needs into actionable marketing opportunities
- Comfortable working with a broad range of cross functional staff – junior to senior, creative to media, design to analytics, etc.
- Ability to present compellingly, confidently and convincingly
- Team catalyst: not just a team player but able to lead teams via persuasion, facilitation, inspiration
- Develop a strong working knowledge of other agency disciplines: community management, media, creative, analytics, et al – and demonstrate the ability to collaborate and guide deliverables across all departments
- 5-7 years experience in strategy or planning with digital, social plus traditional agency experience preferred
- Strategic thinker, able to help guide ideas to align with clients’ strategy
- Multitasker, able to work on multiple clients in diverse industries at once
- Previous management experience
- Opinionated, but also a team player, but also able to lead teams via persuasion, mentorship, and inspiration
- Detail orientated, strong attention to detail and presentation
- Story teller, able to make presentations (internal and to clients tell a clear, compelling, and concise story
- Outstanding ability to draft creative, powerful and strategic proposals and presentations
- Strong written and spoken communications skills, able to command respect of those whom you interact with and present with passion
- Personable and work well in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment